20.11.06

Remember, remember, the fifth of november.

"Remember, remember, the fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reasonwhy the gunpowder treasonshould ever be forgot."
Those were almost the very first wordshe spoke to me and, in a way,that is where this story began, four hundred years ago, in a cellar beneath the Houses of Parliament.

In 1605, Guy Fawkes attemptedto blow up the Houses of Parliament.He was caught in the cellars with enough gunpowder to level most of London.

Sometimes I wonder where we would be
if he hadn't failed.I wonder if it would have mattered. I suppose the answer is in the rhyme. More than the man, what we must remember is the plot itself. For in the plot we find more than just a man,we find the idea of that man,the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget.