13.1.07

The Switch - Parte 1

JERRY
So the roommate laughed at everything I said.

GEORGE
Wow.

JERRY
It was a great sounding laugh too,
kind of lilting and feminine,
none ofthose big coarse "ha's."
You know those?

GEORGE

Hate the big coarse "ha."
Hate those.

JERRY
And the worst part of course is that she also possessed
many of the other qualities prized by the Superficial Man.

GEORGE
I see.

JERRY
So as you can see, I've got a bit of a problem here.

GEORGE
Well, if I hear you correctly,
and I think that I do,
my advice to you is to finish your meal,
pay your check, leave here,
and never mention this to anyone again.

JERRY
Can't be done, huh?

GEORGE
The Switch?

JERRY
"The Switch."

GEORGE
Can't be done.

JERRY
I wonder.

GEORGE
Do you realize in the entire history of western civilization
no one has successfully accomplished the Roommate Switch?
In the Middle Ages you could get locked up
for even suggesting it!

JERRY
They didn't have roommates in the Middle Ages.

GEORGE
Well, I'm sure at some point
between the years 800 and 1200,
somewhere, there were two women living together.

JERRY
The point is I intend to undertake this.
And I'll do it with or without you.
So if you're scared, if you haven't got the stomach for this,
let's get it out right now! And I'll go on my own.
If not, you can get on board and we can get to work!
Now what's it going to be?

GEORGE
All right, dammit, I'm in.