13.1.07

The Switch - Parte 2

JERRY
Aw, we can't do it, who are we kidding?
It's impossible! It's true!
You can't do the Switch! Nobody can do the Switch!
It was a stupid idea to begin with!
Let's face it.
I'm stuck with the non-laugher and that's that!

GEORGE
We'll come up with something.

JERRY
Yeah, sure we will.

GEORGE
All right. See you tomorrow.


GEORGE
I-I-I-I-I got it!!!!!

(cut to the boys are finishing pizza and beer. George begins here, slowly, carefully, to make sure Jerry's got it)

GEORGE
All right. Let's go over it again, one more time.

JERRY
All right.
So I tell Sandy that I want to have a ménage à trois
with her and her roommate.

GEORGE

That's right.

JERRY

And you believe this course of action
will have a two-pronged effect.
Firstly, the very mention of the idea
will cause Sandy to recoil in disgust,
whereupon she will insist
that I remove myself from the premises.

GEORGE

Keep going.

JERRY

At this point, it is inevitable
that she will seek out the roommate
to apprise her of this abhorrent turn of events.

GEORGE

Continue.

JERRY
The roommate will then offer her friend
the requisite sympathy
even as part of her cannot help but feel
somewhat flattered by her inclusion
in the unusual request.

GEORGE

A few days go by and a call is placed
at a time when Sandy is known to be busy at work.
Once the initial awkwardness is relieved
with a little playful humor,
which she of course cannot resist,
an invitation to a friendly dinner is proffered.

JERRY

Huh. Well, it all sounds pretty good.
There's only one flaw in it:
They're roommates.

She'd have to go out with me behind Sandy's back.
She's not gonna do that.

GEORGE
You disappoint me, my friend.
Sandy wants nothing to do with you.
She tells Laura,
"If you want to waste your time with that pervert,
that's your problem."

JERRY

It's a perfect plan.
So inspired.
So devious.
Yet so simple.

GEORGE:

This is what I do.