16.4.08

You were a tomato!

MICHAEL DORSEY
Are you saying that nobody in New York will work with me?

GEORGE FIELDS
No, no, that's too limited... nobody in Hollywood wants to work with you either. I can't even set you up for a commercial. You played a *tomato* for 30 seconds - they went a half a day over schedule because you wouldn't sit down.

MICHAEL DORSEY
Of course. It was illogical.

GEORGE FIELDS
YOU WERE A TOMATO. A tomato doesn't have logic. A tomato can't move.

MICHAEL DORSEY
That's what I said. So if he can't move, how's he gonna sit down, George? I was a stand-up tomato: a juicy, sexy, beefsteak tomato. Nobody does vegetables like me. I did an evening of vegetables off-Broadway. I did the best tomato, the best cucumber... I did an endive salad that knocked the critics on their ass.

Tootsie (1982), Sidney Pollack