22.11.06

The Marine Biologist

ELAINE
George, I was just reading this thing in the papers, it's amazing!

GEORGE
I know, I was telling them the story.

KRAMER
Come on George, finish the story.

GEORGE
The sea was angry that day my friends,
like an old man trying to return soup at a deli!
I got about fifty-feet out
and then suddenly the great beast appeared before me.
I tell ya, he was ten stories high if he was a foot.
As if sensing my presence he gave out a big bellow.
I said, "Easy big fella!"
And then as I watched him struggling,
I realized something was obstructing his breathing.
From where I was standing
I could see directly into the eye of the great fish!

JERRY
Mammal.

GEORGE
Whatever.

KRAMER
Well, what did you do next?

GEORGE
Then, from out of nowhere, a huge title wave lifted,
tossed like a quark and I found myself on top of him,
face to face with the blow-hole.
I could barely see from all of the waves crashing down on top of me,
but I knew something was there,
so I reached my hand and pulled out the obstruction
.

(George pulls out of the inside pocket a golf ball)

(Jerry and George just stare to Kramer)

KRAMER
What is that, a Titleist?
A hole in one, eh?

JERRY
Well, the crowd must have gone wild!

GEORGE
Oh yes, they did Jerry, they were all over me.
It was like Rocky 1.
Diane came up to me, threw her arms around me, and kissed me.
We both had tears streaming down our faces.
I never saw anyone so beautiful.
It was at that moment I decided to tell her I was not a marine biologist!

JERRY
Wow! What'd she say?

GEORGE
She told me to "go to hell", and I took the bus home.